ostc simulation/jdivelog

Legacy OSTC's
kurt.sys

ostc simulation/jdivelog

Post by kurt.sys »

Hey,
I recieved the OSTC this week and I've been testing some basic stuff right now. So far, I like it :) although I have two questions... I use jdivelog and I'm running the stable version of the firmware (v1.08) on the OSTC.
For some reason, I can load the settings of the computer in JDiveLog, but I can't write them to the computer. Whenever I press 'save' in the 'OSTC settings' of jdivelog, the 'transfer of data fails' (Comm-Timeout). Is this an OSTC or a jdivelog issue or how can I test what's wrong?

Another small issue is that whenever I make a simulation, it is at the present time. Is it possible to make simulations in the future? I mean, if today I want to simulate 3 or 4 dives for this weekend, is that possible (e.g. with jdivelog)?

Thanks a lot,
Kurt Sys
heinrichsweikamp

Re: ostc simulation/jdivelog

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello Kurt,

the OSTC can only be addressed using the PC software when it's on. Maybe your OSTC was already in sleep mode? Even reading the settings is a two-way communication so the actual interface connection is working.

The simulator is quite simple at the moment, the simulated depth (Steps in 1m) overwrites the actual pressure read from the pressure sensor. So the OSTC reacts 100% like being in a water tank, for example.

Regards,
Matthias