airplane and dive mode

Legacy OSTC's
kurt.sys

airplane and dive mode

Post by kurt.sys »

Hey,

Returning from work/holiday, I was bored and playing a little with the ostc (checking logbook etc). The plane started to land, and the ostc went in dive mode. Now, since I couldn't ask the pilot to go up and depressurize the cabin a little bit for a few minutes, the ostc is in dive mode ever since. I'm now already diving 231 minutes on 2,5m depth :). It's solved now by connecting the interface and pushing the reset-button. I just wonder two things:

1/ Would an 'airplane mode'-feature make any sense? This means, in this mode, the computer cannot go in dive mode. Just to prevent this happens again... :).

2/ The ppO2 was 'too low', which makes perfectly sense. However, I was thinking: imagine a go on a dive in a lake on 3000 meter - I do not intend to do this - the oxygen pressure there is low. Whenever I would be diving with air, at shallow depths, the I would have the ppO2-warning on shallow depths (unless I put the treshold lower, but in that case, the computer would give continuous warning that the treshold is set to low).

Well, just some thoughts...

Kurt
heinrichsweikamp

Re: airplane and dive mode

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello Kurt,

The OSTC enters Divemode if the pressure rises more then CF0 [mBar] per 15 minutes OR if the pressure is higher then CF6 [mBar]. With the default settings this should not happen during a landing. The problem is, that if the OSTC is not in Sleep mode the ambient pressure compensation is stopped because of the risk that the OSTC continues compensates in shallow water. If this happend with the default settings, we should add a note not to use the OSTC during the flight or increase the CF0 threshold.

Same in 2), we should change the ppO2 low threshold to avoid the warning in vary shallow water.

Thanks!

regards,
Matthias
kurt.sys

Re: airplane and dive mode

Post by kurt.sys »

Hey Matthias,

I suppose adding a note to say not to switch on during flight (or during landing) will solve the problem. It is logic that it happens, since pressure increases quite fast from about 750 mbar to about 1000 mbar during landing. The minimum CF0 treshold to avoid this would be more than 2.5m, which seems a bit large to me.

Kurt