OSTC "stuck" at 4m

Legacy OSTC's
tigrino

OSTC "stuck" at 4m

Post by tigrino »

Hi!

I just had this weird thing happen yesterday. We dived for about half an hour, 20m or less basically, then came up for decompression (some guys have more dives per day, some - less but we decompress for the worst case all together).

So, as we were hovering around 5m for the deco stop, suddenly the screen froze at 4m and stayed there for several minutes. At first I thought it got completely hanged and I would need to get to the reset button to get it out of this state, for it did not change even after we arrived to the surface. But, once on the boat, it suddenly unfroze and showed "0", then went into the surface mode after a while.

Looking at the log, I can see that it registered 4m depth for several minutes and then abruptly went to zero. So the computer seems to have been operational all the time... But the time "jumped" I think, did not just "tick" minute-by-minute.

So, any ideas? What information do you need to diagnose the problem? OSTC was upgraded to 1.5 before diving, by the way.

Albert
heinrichsweikamp

Re: OSTC "stuck" at 4m

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello,

I think you did not have the debugmode activated so it will be quite hard to find the cause. We have some similar reports recently and are working om that issue. The Beta 1.16 will have a background debugger so we can see which routine stucks.

regards,
Matthias
greenforce

Post by greenforce »

Hi,

I had a similar case yesterday.
A dive at 35m max, with a 3' stop at 6m.

When I left the 6m to continue ascent, the display stayed at 6m. Ultimatly, at 4m, it suddenly showed the right depth.

I think it might be a sensor problem, sensor that stayed "stuck" for a few minutes.

regards,

John
tigrino

Post by tigrino »

Naturally, no debug mode.

Is it indeed possible that the problem is hardware-related? Or it started to show after a certain version of software on all devices?

Do you have any expected release date for 1.16 beta?
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello,

I do not think that this is hardware problem - this looks like a bug.

The 1.16 is now available: http://www.heinrichsweikamp.net/ostc/en/firmware.htm Please upgrade to this version. It will show some important debug informations if you reset (using the interface) the OSTC from Divemode.

Regards,
Matthias