O2 Board Questions

Legacy OSTC's
Simon A

O2 Board Questions

Post by Simon A »

I've got my O2 sensor board in front of me and I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer.
1) the buttons, are they for standalone use? can the board be completely setup/controlled from the OSTC without having to use the 2 buttons on the O2 monitoring board? (for example if I was going to completely pot the board)
2) the battery on the O2 monitoring board, what is it's purpose? what is it's expected life span? and what are the consequences of it going flat?

Thanks
Simon A
servan

Re: O2 Board Questions

Post by servan »

I've got the same questions ;)

Yes it is for a standalone use

Matthias's answer:
"Lower button calibrates with Air in stand-alone use. Upper button is yet unused."

Which hud style will you choose ?
Simon A

Post by Simon A »

servan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Which hud style will you choose ?

Smithers, just because I've got a lot of hours on a smithers HUD and i's what I'm used to.

Simon A
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

No worries about a battery, there is no battery on the O2 board even if some parts look like that.

Christian
Simon A

Post by Simon A »

heinrichsweikamp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No worries about a battery, there is no battery on
> the O2 board even if some parts look like that.
>
> Christian

Christian,
In that case out of interest is the part that looks like a button cell?
Simon A
heinrichsweikamp

This is a 0.2F capacitor buffering intermittent power supplies: http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/com ... 00CE19.pdf

Regards,
Matthias
Simon A

Post by Simon A »

Matthias,
Cheers for that info, in that case the board is going to get fully potted and never see the light of day again.

Simon A
sailor

Post by sailor »

Hi,
i believe you need a battery for using a HUD with the board.
The board will only work without battery for only monitoring the cells and providing cell-info to the OSTC without any HUD.
Reiner
pcrack

Post by pcrack »

Hello,

no, HUD is working even if no external battery is installed. Battery is only here for stand-alone configuration or redundant HUD power supply (which is the same as a stand alone mode in fact ... )
regards,
Pierre-Emmanuel
heinrichsweikamp

Hello,

It a bit more complex: When using high efficiency LEDs with additional series resistors it's fine with OSTC powered operation but the start-up delay can be about 20 seconds for the board (Then it's important to activate the OSTC before the dive manually). When using normal LEDs or no extra series resistors we strongly recommend the external power supply. The max supply current is about 15mA and three LEDs ON must be below that for a reliable operation in all modes. 5mA/LED is fine with high efficient LEDs but not very bright with normal LEDs. So, to sum it up, I personally recommend the extra power supply when used with HUD LEDs. This will also give some redundancy if the connection to the OSTC fails.

Regards,
Matthias
Simon A

Post by Simon A »

I'm sitting here looking at the O2 monitoring board, and i was wondering are both buttons used on the rev 1.1 firmware when in standalone mode? and if not, I assume you can't change the HUD type selection without an OSTC?

Simon A
heinrichsweikamp

Hello,

No, all HUD-related settings are only set by the OSTC (The settings are stored in the board permanently and transferred from the OSTC in the O2 Sensor Setup menu).

Cheers,
Matthias
Simon A

Post by Simon A »

Matthias,
Cheers for that.
I have a requirement to run the HUD board off just one cell, is this possible by connecting just one cell to the board (if so which position should it be connected in)? or would it require that the output of the one cell is paralleled to the all the cell inputs on the board?

Thanks
Simon A
sailor

Post by sailor »

I'm also interested to know if it is possible to run the O2-board with one cell only?
pcrack

Post by pcrack »

Hello,
yes it is possible to run the board with one cell only. Position is not a matter.
regards,
Pierre - Emmanuel