2.70 TTS @5 OSTC 2C

Legacy OSTC's
whodidwhat

2.70 TTS @5 OSTC 2C

Post by whodidwhat »

Hi all

I have recently changed from my old OSTC 2N running 2.50 to a new OSTC 2C running 2.70

I had my first dive on the new unit today and I noticed a strange occurrence (bug?)

I was running air (only active gas) for a dive of 15min@44m and had the Gradient Factors (GF) set at 45-80% and aGF at 80-95% and whilst on the bottom during the dive the TTS @5 was showing a shorter (ie less deco) time by about 2-3 minutes then the standard TTS even though it should have been the deco for a longer bottom time this difference then carried on for remainder of the way through the deco (TTS@5 being less than TTS)

So is the TTS @5 worked out on the aGF's or the standard GF's (on the 2.50 version of the software the TTS @5 was always a longer or greater duration than the standard TTS
[DF]

Re: 2.70 TTS @5 OSTC 2C

Post by [DF] »

Why it was like that on the bottom i cannot answer, i had some strange deco calculations too with the new firmware. It seemed to resolve itself with a total reset and then uploading the same settings again.

However the TTS@5 should be shorter than the TTS during the deco. By how much is dependent on how far from the deco stop depth you are and for how long that step is but it is quite normal. Then it tells how much deco you will have left after doing 5 minutes of deco. It is also very useful for knowing how much longer your deco will be if staying at say 9m instead of 6m.
Clownfish

Post by Clownfish »

Did a 45 metre dive today and TTS@5 was as expected.
Michael
Sydney
Australia
OSTC 2 11528
Commander

Post by Commander »

Made a 41m dive on Saturday with normal air and everything was as expected with the future TTS@5.
>>