Proposition of a feature in simulator

Legacy OSTC's
nodekh

Proposition of a feature in simulator

Post by nodekh »

Since deco dives are only a few % of all dives one feature is missing for me. At this point we can predict deco dives or no deco dives using calculate deco function. Calculations as I assume are performed with the state of saturation taken into account. It would be great to have additonal information of no decompression limit when no deco is shown and the same for deco dives. One may then check if the dive he or she is about to do is within NDL, is it a Deco dive or fi it is a deco dive how much would be NDL if I didn't want to do the deco.
OSTC 2N 4689
Vortax

Re: Proposition of a feature in simulator

Post by Vortax »

Well, no deco dives are only a few % of all dives for the majority of the users of OSTC. the feature you are talking about is included in most recreational diving computers (as suunto) and is useless for most technical divers, imho.

In fact, one CRITICAL feature missing in the computer planner and the main reason most CCR divers prefer other computers (i.e. Shearwater) over OSTC, is that OSTC can't plan the bail out scenario.

When you plan in a predator or a petrel, you can select depth, set point, and it gives you CCR plan, and immediately in gives you the bail-out plan with gas consumption. OSTC can't do that, and is a critical missing.
Goose_66

Re: Proposition of a feature in simulator

Post by Goose_66 »

Hi Nodekh,

I concur with Vortax, in the last 50 dives my OSTC accompanied me, only 5 were no deco (those I accompanied my son in his Open Water course training and a couple with him after he got his c-card).

Beside this, I believe you might be better off getting a decompression planning software like multideco or even cheaper and better integrated with OSTC, ostcplanner which allows you to get a very good understanding about your tissues saturation status ...

Doing it on the display of the dive computer is not my preferred option, especially before complex dives and those involving 3 or more gases.

Cannot speak for CCR, I am stil blowing bubbles to stay alive :-) when the cost of helium will endanger my food supply I will switch to CCR and I will miss the CCR/bailout planning feature ;-)

Fabio
       --+--
______(+)______
      0  o  0
OSTC 2n #6210