OSTC 2N - Malfunction Report

Legacy OSTC's
awanadive

OSTC 2N - Malfunction Report

Post by awanadive »

Hello,
yesteday during the charge of my OSTC (FW 2.9) I was unable to switch on the display.
I supposed that was due to the battery extremely low so I let it in charge for some hours. After a while I got a message: "Unexpected Reset from Divemode" + some debug Info (48 73 100 157 162 94 4 240 232 160)(I sent them to heinrichs weikamp) and then a second message "Building MD2 Hash".
I removed the USB plug and tried to switch on my OSTC; it after many (too many) seconds, turned on.
I didn't like that behavior so I decided to try to solve updating the firmware to the new 3.02 release.
The operation had no issues: absolutely no problem. My deviced returned to be responsive as usual.
But, this morning, during a dive, my OSTC was not activated neither by the water nor by pushing its switches ... dead! After 30 minutes unexpectedly the device switched on. Now It seems another time operative as usual (but I would not trust on it any more).
Any suggestion?
Thank you all for your attention.
Awanadive
OSTC2N -- #6418 -- FW 3.02 EN
OSTC2N -- #5956 -- FW 3.13 EN
heinrichsweikamp

Re: OSTC 2N - Malfunction Report

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello,

Can you give the unit a complete recharge, please? This looks like a battery issue. Under some circumstances the unit may have entered a deep sleep mode where it only wakes up when being reset with a magnet:
- connect to USB power
- reset with a magnet in the center of the backplate

If the issue persists, please contact us directly for a battery replacement: info@heinrichsweikamp.com

regards,
Matthias
awanadive

Post by awanadive »

Thank you Matthias,
I'll try it.
Do I have to reset WHILE charging?
Regards,
Roberto
OSTC2N -- #5956 -- FW 3.13 EN
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi Roberto,

This reset only works with USB power attached (PC or charger).

regards,
Matthias