Redesigning the User Interface

Legacy OSTC's
Florent

Redesigning the User Interface

Post by Florent »

Hi,

I'm quite new both to OSTC and to this forum. I hope I'm not asking something too obvious or inappropriate.

One of my reasons for choosing an OSTC was the flexibility offered by open source.

In my day job, I'm an interaction designer (I study people behaviors and interactions with their world in order to make them "easy") and I often work on digital devices.

I'd like to redesign the informations being displayed while diving to fit my needs but I don't know:
- How hard it is to implement/code;
- What flexibility do I have in terms of graphical elements and interaction (I know the constraint of colors and screen dimensions but that's it).

Can somebody help me answer these questions?

Best regards,

Florent Jaouali
More on my job here: http://www.weloveusers.com/en/
scubatinoo

Re: Redesigning the User Interface

Post by scubatinoo »

Maybe you can design the new GUI and Matthias from HW is willing to implement it ;) Or someone else can help you to create a "community ROM"...

In my eyes there's no need for graphical elements and changes on the interaction. But i would like to see some rearrangement of all the different information...
regards,
scubatinoo

> OSTC 2N 3705 & OSTC 2 18807 <
Laurie_the_Knot

Post by Laurie_the_Knot »

You would get my vote - I think that some of the configuration screens could be a little easier to navigate.
Happy diving,
Laurie (OSTC2 #11454)
Florent

Post by Florent »

Hello,

I took some time to think of how I'd like to have the information displayed (while diving).

Here is an example of what I've in mind. Please keep in mind that I'm not a super-tek-diver so I'll surely not have thought of all cases (different gases, rebreather, etc.). So that kind of layout would work for me (simple air and nitrox dives)

How difficult would it be to implement that?

Best,

Florent
scubatinoo

Post by scubatinoo »

nice one :-)
regards,
scubatinoo

> OSTC 2N 3705 & OSTC 2 18807 <
Jean-François

Post by Jean-François »