FAIL REPORT OSTC N2

Legacy OSTC's
Arctic Diver

FAIL REPORT OSTC N2

Post by Arctic Diver »

Hi,
I wanted to charge my OSTC N2.
I removed the charge plug on the OSTC computer and attached the USB charging cord.
When I attached it to the USB charger the screen blinked white 1 x and then the computer was "dead" - I could not activate it by pushing the buttoms.

I then connected it to the USB charger device and tried to start the OSTC.

It started up and I got this message on the screen:

I have now charged the battery and it starts up like always BUT....I should reporte the message for further help.

What's going on with my OSTC N2 # 4914???

(I had a normal sea water dive on 08.01.16 and a SUR-D-O2 Dive (seawater and chamber run) on 07.01.16.
It worked fine. No fails before this event yesterday.
OSTC 4914 V2.50
heinrichsweikamp

Re: FAIL REPORT OSTC N2

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

From here I'd say you have an issue with the battery. Please contact us directly: info@heinrichsweikamp.com I'm quite sure we get this unit working again...

Regards,
Matthias
Arctic Diver

Re: FAIL REPORT OSTC N2

Post by Arctic Diver »

Hi,

After I charged the unit, it looked like it was back in "working mode" and it did what it should on surface.
So, I had a new dive 15.01.16 and no problems with the OSTC N2 while diving.
It worked propper.

Back on surface, some hours later, I wanted to read out the "Log" and tried to turn the unit on but the screen flashed white and imediatly turned black.
No reaction anymore, unit dead.

So, I attached it again to a charging device (PC) and got a new bug-report on the screen: see picture!

It lookes like I have to return the unit. That means some "pain in the ass" for me since I live in Norway and have to fill out tons of paperwork to get it out from the custom service.
A bit disappointing....
OSTC 4914 V2.50