Divelog Software

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
AMM2T

Divelog Software

Post by AMM2T »

I am quite frustrated as to how difficult it is to download dive data from my OSTC 2. Diviac does not support it, so I tried Subsurface, which worked once, but now reports 'error parsing date/time' and the OSTC2 drops the bluetooth connection. I love the computer, but how I wish HW would provide some companion software as I had my my old Shearwater. Any comments, anyone?
TnT

Re: Divelog Software

Post by TnT »

AMM2T Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tried Subsurface, which worked
> once, but now reports 'error parsing date/time'
> and the OSTC2 drops the bluetooth connection.

If you enable the libdivecomputer logfile option in subsurface and send me the log file, then I'll have a look at the parsing error.
--
libdivecomputer developer
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Existing logbook software and Apps are already much better then we could do it. The authors are constantly improving their software, we focus on the firmware in the OSTC.

We don't have the capacity to make and maintain a multi-platform software and a few Apps - and we don't have to since there are ~ a dozen different softwares available which support the OSTC.

regards,
Matthias
aquarat

Post by aquarat »

Subsurface is very good... it's very nice to have a piece of software that can download from different computers on any major OS and stores the data in an open format (XML). HW should stick to firmware :) .
OSTC 3 # 4897
OSTC Sport #12887
OSTC Sport #13246