New 1.72 beta available for the OSTC users

Legacy OSTC's
heinrichsweikamp

New 1.72 beta available for the OSTC users

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello,

We have now uploaded the 1.72 beta for the OSTC Mk.2 and OSTC1.

News/changes:
- several small bugfixes in the display layout
- bugfix with the warning of very high ppO2 levels (>6,5Bar...)
- We exchanged the positions of "Decoplan" and Gaslist" in the divemode menu
- Gas list is color-coded in Color# Warnings if ppO2 of gas > CF18 (ppO2 High warning) (OSTC Mk.2 Only)) - This helps to find the correct Gas in the list easier

Download here: http://www.heinrichsweikamp.com/en/ostc_mk2/firmware/

Heute haben wir die neue 1.72 beta für den OSTC Mk.2 und den OSTC1 hochgeladen.

Neuerungen/Änderungen:
- einige kleinere Änderungen/Bugfixes im Display-Layout
- Fehler bei der ppO2 Warnung bei sehr hohen ppO2 Werten behoben (>6,5Bar)
- "Gaslist" und "Decoplan" im UW-Menü vertauscht
- Die Gase, die wegen ihrem hohen ppO2 nicht ausgewählt werden sollten, werden in der Liste nun in der Warnfarbe dargestellt.

Zu beziehen ist diese hier: http://www.heinrichsweikamp.com/de/ostc_mk2/firmware/

Gruss,
Matthias
Solodiver

Re: New 1.72 beta available for the OSTC users

Post by Solodiver »

So, nachdem hier niemand was schreibt ein Feedback von mir:

Der Switch der Menupunkte ist OK. Aber war es schon immer so, daß der nächste (aktuelle?) Dekostop im Decoplan nicht angezeigt wird? Ich hatte heute z.B. ein paar min auf 27m, angezeigt wurde aber "nur" bis 24m. Das habe ich auch bei höheren Stops reproduzierbar so gesehen. Weiterhin war es nicht ganz intuitiv das man den Decoplan erst wegdrücken muss, keine Ahnung ob das vorher schon so war. Ich war erst kurz erschrocken als danach dann offenbar die Deco weg war, nach kurzer Zeit wurde die aber wieder angezeigt, insofern Entwarnung.

Noch ein paar Fragen und Ideen für evtl. künftige Updates:
Gibt es einen CF-Punkt oder eine andere Möglichkeit sich den GF und den ppO2 dauerhaft anzeigen zu lassen? Der wird ja im Moment "nur" bei Überschreiten bestimmter Grenzwerte (?) angezeigt, ich fände das ganz interessant die öfter zu checken. Das könnte man auch wunderbar auf einen Extra Screen auslagern und da z.B. auch die END/EAD, die MOD des aktuellen Gases für verschiedene ppO2 und z.B. auch die hier oft angefragte Durchschnittstiefe anzeigen. Und dann wäre noch ein Screen mit einem graphischen Livetauchprofil sehr spannend. Die Extra Screens würden der Übersichtlichkeit des aktuellen Unterwasserscreens keinen Abbruch tun und man hat bei der Deko was zum anschauen, nachrechen, fortbilden und Zeitvertreib....

Just my EUR 0,02

Update: Noch ein paar Ideen für zusätzliche Anzeigen/Informationen die meinen Wissensdurst unter Wasser stillen würden/könnten:
- CNS (analog GF und ppO2)
- ausführlichere Sättigungsanzeige und/oder Anzeige der Werte außerhalb des Leitgewebes (idealerweise aller 16 Gewebe)
~~~
MK2 1076

my wish list: http://heinrichsweikamp.net/forum/read.php?2,4649
Chilihead

Post by Chilihead »

@Solodiver:
ich hab den CF19 http://www.heinrichsweikamp.net/ostc/pm ... itung.CF19 auf 20 gestellt, damit mir der ppO2 fast immer Angezeigt wird - ich bin mit dieser Möglichkeit mehr als zufrieden.

du kannst dir natürlich auch den CF27 entsprechend anpassen http://www.heinrichsweikamp.net/ostc/pm ... itung.CF27

@Matthias:
den Tausch der beiden Menüpunkte "Gaslist" und "Decoplan" ist gut.
die Warnfarbe für die Gase ist angenehm.
eine weitere nette spielerei wäre eine weitere Warnfarbe (z.b. Orange für ppO2-Werte über 1.4 und Rot für ppO2-Werte über 1.6)
rettet euch selbst
Solodiver

Post by Solodiver »

Danke Chili, mit CF19 hatte ich schon rumgespielt und auf 120 gestellt. Im Wiki steht aber was von Totenkopf, den wollte ich gerade mal triggern :-). Offenbar gibt es den aber nicht mehr...
~~~
MK2 1076

dmainou

Post by dmainou »

Hi Matthias,

Been playing with the new firmware and thought you may wish some feedback.

Whilst running the simulation dive (start dive section) the first deco stop shown on the main screen is not shown on the deco plan. That is, a 45m on air and 70% GF 30/90 after 12 min shows a stop to 15m for one min and tts of 11min. If you go to the decoplan the first stop is 12 for 2min

Also if there is no deco required the part of the screen where the deco would appear goes black until a button is pressed. Not big problem, but a no deco required message will be nicer.

The colour coding of the gas is really nice.

I don't know if it is intended or not but the diver is able to select non active gases (dark blue)

Also, the computer spontaneously went into "Building MD@ Hash Please Wait..." a couple of times.

Thanks mate
OSTC MK2 1394
ple

Post by ple »

Hi Matthias,
als Erweiterung der Software für ein Update schlage ich vor, beim Setpoint die Möglichkeit zu haben, eine Tiefe angeben zu können (siehe Gasliste), wo ein Wechsel automatisch durchgeführt wird. Wird so auch bei meiner Inspiration-Vision-Software angeboten und spart mir mehrere Eingaben.
Gruß Jörg
Solodiver

Post by Solodiver »

dmainou Wrote:
> I don't know if it is intended or not but the
> diver is able to select non active gases (dark
> blue)

This is (hopefully) intended and should also be possible in future versions (I do not activate any gases I carry and found this quite a useful feature in the past).
~~~
MK2 1076

dmainou

Post by dmainou »

Yes, I find it very useful.

Doesn't matter ho much you plan you'll end with different gasses to your buddy's. If the sh!t hits the fan I wouldn't like to be playing with the computer to add a donated gas. The way its programmed right now I can include their gases right at the beginning.

D
OSTC MK2 1394
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

Well, I would vote against selecting non-active gases. If shit happens - I would rather go along my emergency plan, and play with computer afterwards (or not at all). Isn't deco calculated only for active gases by the way ?
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828
dmainou

Post by dmainou »

Hi gorcio,

I reckon that playing with the computer is the least of anyone's worries in the first place. IE deal with the emergency then go back to basics one of them dealing with your decompression plan. I see as a handy feature to be able to select gases that are not being used to calculate the deco plan.

As an example, one of the boats I dive with will throw a number of regs plugged to a Hookah system just in case we need them. Normally no one will use them as we all are decompressing with nitrox/O2 but if needed it will be very handy to change to air without fiddling too much with the pc.

A different scenario is having your buddy's gases pre programmed.

If you don't wish to have foreign gases as backup then just program your spare gases as one of the available gases such as your bottom gas.

D
OSTC MK2 1394
gorcio

Post by gorcio »

Hi dmainou,

I am always programming all my gases and leaving GAS5 active on AIR, just to be sure in case I needed borrowed gas - I could set my unit up (without PC). But since my partners and I usually refill tanks at the same place, we found usually 1% O2 difference in deco gases at most (and so, acceptable), and we set for the one which is the leanest (having a choice between 50 and 49 we would set for 49, same for 99/100 or others like weak nitroxes).
Kind regards,
Gorcio, OSTC MK2 828
dmainou

Post by dmainou »

I wish I could do that.

To minimise costs people around here tend to have a fill to 200 bar of O2 and top it to 232 with air. Gives you about a 85-90%. You have that for two or three dives then top it with air to 232 gives you a 65-70 and so on so everyone with the same fill is a big challenge.

Therefore It is useful to me to e able to program gases that I won't be using if I have spare programmable gases.

Not a big issue if I wasn't able to do it just ore manual steps.

D
OSTC MK2 1394
Heiko

Post by Heiko »

Hello,

as dmainou already have posted, I can confirm also under water, the first deco stop is not shown in the decoplan under water.

Cheers

Heiko
Heiko

Post by Heiko »

Hello,

the problem of the missing first deco stop is also affecting the Simulator => Calculate Deco => show Decoplan.

Cheers

Heiko
heinrichsweikamp

Hallo,

Thanks for all the input! We'll remove the bugs asap, of course. Surface-Interval does not work as expected, also.

The underwater Menu will be changed:
OC:
1. Gaslist with extra options "Set Gas6" and "Active?" as submenus
2. Decoplan
3. "Function" (See below)
4. Display (Dim display)
5. Exit

CC:
1. Setpoint with submenus "Gas List" (Diluent change) and option "Bailout"
2. Decoplan
3. "Function" (See below)
4. Display (Dim display)
5. Exit

Lower right potion of the display will be a custom view area similar to the function in the DR5. Pressing Enter without active menu will toggle the display between:

- Saturation diagram
- Lead tissue
- CNS and EAD
- Total average depth
- Stopwatch with resettable average depth
- Clock

The "Function" in the UW-Menu will depend on the displayed custom view. e.g. "Stopwatch" for restarting the stopwatch.

It's planed to add these features successively with the next betas and have the stable ready to the "boot" show end of January.

Usually, we meet our deadlines.

Cheers,
Matthias
dmainou

Post by dmainou »

Mate,

It sounds really cool.

I'm looking forward to see the new screens.

D
OSTC MK2 1394
Solodiver

Post by Solodiver »

The proposed changes sounds interesting. What does this mean for setting a bookmark in case the right button gets a new meaning?
~~~
MK2 1076

heinrichsweikamp

Maker will be possible in future releases, too. I just have to think a bit on that.

Cheers,
Matthias
Mike Tilling

Post by Mike Tilling »

ple Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Matthias,
> als Erweiterung der Software für ein Update
> schlage ich vor, beim Setpoint die Möglichkeit zu
> haben, eine Tiefe angeben zu können (siehe
> Gasliste), wo ein Wechsel automatisch
> durchgeführt wird. Wird so auch bei meiner
> Inspiration-Vision-Software angeboten und spart
> mir mehrere Eingaben.
> Gruß Jörg

Hallo,

das der Gaswechsel automatisch durchgeführt wird halte ich für sehr gefährlich. Ich stelle mir einige Szenarien vor bei denen dass in die Hose gehen kann.
Ich würde mit keinem Rechner Tauchen der mir diese Arbeit abnimmt.

Noch mal ganz generell an angemerkt. Hier werden viele Vorschläge gemacht die dazu führen das man die Aufmerksamkeit für den Tauchgang verliert. Z.b. der Vorschlag die O2 Breaks vorzuschreiben.
Ich möchte einen Rechner dem ich sage was er zu tun hat, keinen der mir sagt was ich zu tun habe.

Der Mk2 ist auf dem Weg mit der Beste TC zu werden der auf dem Markt ist. Hervorragende Leistung OSTC :-)
sailor

Post by sailor »

Hallo Mike,

bei der Anfrage von "pde" geht es um einen automatischen Wechsel des Set-Points für Kreislaufgeräte, nicht um einen automatischen Gaswechsel für OC.

Zum Verstandniss, der integrierte Computer des Kreislaufgeräts Buddy Inspiration Vision und Evolution bietet die Möglichkeit der automatischen Setpoint-Umschaltung und ich nehme an "pde" möchte den MK2 als Backup-Computer genau so konfigurieren wie seine Vision Elektronik konfiguriert ist.

Und selbst wenn es die Option einer automatischen Setpoint-Umschaltung für Kreislaufgeräte geben wird ist sie mir Sicherheit deaktivierbar.

Schönen Gruss, Reiner