Time in Logbook details display

Legacy OSTC's
JeremyJ

Time in Logbook details display

Post by JeremyJ »

Hi,

I took my OTSC for its first dive yesterday (running version 1.70) and have noticed there was a time (of day) recorded against each of the dives in the Logbook Details display.

At first I thought this was a record of the time the dive started, but when I compared it against the dive start time recorded by my Suunto that I also took on the dives I noticed that the OSTC had recorded a time 52 minutes later than the OSTC on the first dive and 51 minutes later on the second dive. Both computers were showing exactly the same current time of day.

Then I thought the OSTC might be showing the time the dive ended. But both computers agree that the dives were 44 minutes and 43 minutes long respectively, so if that is supposed to be the time the dive ended it's consistently 8 minutes wrong.

Has anybody else seen this or can tell me what's going on? Is it a bug?

For what it's worth, my preference is that the time displayed is the time the dive started.

Thanks,

Jeremy.
OSTC Mk.2 1437
Jeremy.
OSTC Mk.2 1437
Solodiver

Re: Time in Logbook details display

Post by Solodiver »

The OSTC records the time the dive ends (many topics considering this in here). Personaly I'd also vote for the time the dive begins.

Concerning the 8min difference please note that the OSTC has quite a big time drift every day (which is configurable). In my case the time has been (mostly) correct as long I did not do a firmware update, but now I've also to check how to adapt this. The drift seems to be reseted/reinitialized after an update. In my case the drift is more than some minutes a day after uprading from 1.70 to 1.71 and later to 1.72.
~~~
MK2 1076

my wish list: http://heinrichsweikamp.net/forum/read.php?2,4649
Solodiver

Post by Solodiver »

Calibrating the Time drift: You have to change the value of CF48, which represents the number of seconds added to your actual time every midnight. You have to play around a little or you can do an exact calibration when setting CF48=0 and afterwards the time to 0:00 (12:00 pm). Then you have to wait exactly 24 hours to read the difference which has to be entered in CF48. This assumes the time on your box is running slower then in real life, no idea how to set an negative value (in case your box is to fast :-).
~~~
MK2 1076

my wish list: http://heinrichsweikamp.net/forum/read.php?2,4649
JeremyJ

Post by JeremyJ »

Hi,

I've read about the time drift on here and the CF to try to correct it, although I haven't done anything with that yet. However, the "drift" between my OSTC and Suunto is curently only 2 minutes, over 24 hours after the dive. Yesterday it would have been a lot less, so that doesn't really explain the 8 minute difference.

I'm not so bothered about the logbook being wrong - I can live with that if it's just a fault in the logbook code. It's more of a concern about correct recording of time in general for deco and de-saturation calcluations. It would be good to know it's the former and not the latter!
Jeremy.
OSTC Mk.2 1437
Mornemont

Post by Mornemont »

Hi all,

I've also seen that on mine. I guess this comes from the fact that the OSTC stop the incrementation of the dive time when the diver is higher than a certain depth (CF #??) and thus you get a dive that last less than the time between its start and its end especially if you stay a long time in the shallow water. There is also a CF to adjust a timer to stop the dive when you get higher that some depth that might be a cause for this difference.

See you!
François