OSTC Mk II PC Simulator

Legacy OSTC's
cparsons

OSTC Mk II PC Simulator

Post by cparsons »

I see references to a PC Simulator for the OSTC Mk II - but cannot find anywhere to download it?

I seem to remember that perhaps this was possible by running the source code for the firmware inside the PIC programming environment, is this still the case?

Looking for a backup computer for an Inspiration Vision!

Regards

Chris Parsons
---------------------------------
Chris Parsons
OSTC 2n #2516
dmainou

Re: OSTC Mk II PC Simulator

Post by dmainou »

Hi Chris,

The simulator is inside the computer itself. The Mk2 uses Buhlman GF so any tool you wish to use will do.

I use decoplanner and MVplan on my pc and android gap on my phone.

The OSTC Mk2 or 2n as is now called will be an ideal replacement.

Think of it as doing everything that the predator PROCT-SA does at half the weight, size and 1/2 the price. The only caveat is that you can't read a cell (so no molex or fisher) or control a ccr.

If you want something to connect it to the ccr then the DR5 is your choice.

If you wish to see some self explanatory pictures of the computer and the various screens as of firmware 1.80 (1..90 will be greatly enhanced ) look here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/dmainou/OS ... directlink

PS. please consider that I took them with my phone and I have installed some helicopter tape over the glass which prevents the screen fro showing all its
glory.

Where are you located. Maybe someone can show it to you on the flesh?

D
OSTC MK2 1394
cparsons

Post by cparsons »

Thanks very much, I appreciate this

It is a pity there is no PC simulator, like to see the functionality before parting with the money but your images help a lot.

I don't really want the extra cell integration, I have an APD Nexus which is OK for air diluent but will not do gases, and I thought the OSTC looked ideal?

Like to see one 'in the flesh' if I can, I have heard very good things about the display visibility (the Vision handset display is pretty poor by todays standards)

I live in Exeter, in the SW of England, and work in Torquay in the SW of England, will be in Malta at the end of August - and Truk in Nov 2012 but don't really want to wait that long

Thanks for the offer

Chris Parsons
Chris Parsons
OSTC 2n #2516
wrobell

Post by wrobell »

cparsons Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> It is a pity there is no PC simulator

well... from time to time i am thinking about putting ostc/mk.2 firmware into gpsim environment (but skill, time... ech...), anyway maybe PC simulator would be more probable with DR5 firmware?

regards,

w
divinglog

Post by divinglog »

You can use Diving Log or JDiveLog to control the OSTC in simulator mode. You can "dive" existing profiles in the OSTC simulator or quickly push it to any depth. I think this is meant with PC simulator.

[img]http://www.divinglog.de/english/tutorials/ostc2.png[/img]
Diving Log 6.0 - https://www.divinglog.de/
cparsons

Post by cparsons »

Thanks very much, my problem is I have not bought an OSTC yet, but am gradually talking myself into it

JDivelog looks good though

Cheers

Chris Parsons
Chris Parsons
OSTC 2n #2516
edhowarth

Post by edhowarth »

Hi Chris

I am in Lancashire so I can't give you a demo...... but, there are 32 people in our dive club and 7 have the OSTC. Is that a good enough recommendation?

Mine recently had a problem (only a few weeks old) and the nice people at HW thought it might be a duff battery and a replacement was posted within an hour of my first contact with them. None of the others have had any problems!!

If it does what you need, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Ed