OSTC Planner - new decompression software.

Legacy OSTC's
swissdiving

Re: OSTC Planner - new decompression software.

Post by swissdiving »

JD

Paypal payment done.
----------------------

I had the problem when updating the OSTC Planner as well. I uninstalled and re-installed. Now its ok.
Cheers,

Hansjoerg

--> 2N ¦ 2201 / 3892
--> OSTC4 ¦ 257 / 392 / 424 / 647/1324 Fischer

RTFM
JeanDo

Post by JeanDo »

Hi,

I just pushed a version 168, to fix a runtime (CNS and gas consomation) issue with specific configurations (Thanks to a report from Bardass).

It should automatically propose to download and install by tomorrow.

Regards,
~~~~
JeanDo, http://ostc-planner.net, OSTC Mk.2 1455, 2N 2799, DR5 171.
PeterK

Post by PeterK »

Dear JeanDo: Currently the version number is also used for naming the folder. Although the setup will install a new and correct entry in the Windows start menu I allways need to manually reorganize as I dislike the default way. If you pick a generic name and just owerwrite the old files I could keep my menu.

Just a suggestion.
Regards

Peter

OSTC 2N #2338
Touchwood

Post by Touchwood »

Great piece of software! I like it! It installs and runs perfectly on my Win7 PC and reads and writes without issues to my OSTC 2N, no problems!

I've noticed one issue however, I have custom functions CF56 & CF57 set to the default of '200' which equates to a gas consumption of 20 litres/min. When I read the OSTC's settings into the Planner software these two settings are displayed in red and are set to '99'. If I change the settings for these functions to '25' and '20' respectively in the Planner and then write the settings back to the device they are stored on the device as '2.5' and '2.0' respectively.

To correct this I have to enter into (the Planner) the values '250' and '200' respectively and upload these to the device and this writes the correct values of '25' and '20' to the CFs 56 & 57. However, reading them back again to the Planner shows them as '99' and '99' and both in colour 'red'.

Hope this helps.

Dave
OSTC 2N #2791
scubatinoo

Post by scubatinoo »

@touchwood: which firmware is on your OSTC?
regards,
scubatinoo

> OSTC 2N 3705 & OSTC 2 18807 <
swissdiving

Post by swissdiving »

JD

Two Points.
1. When updating with the update function in OSTC Planner it downloaded the latest update and started to install. During the installation I got the message that OSTC Planner was open and to continue it would have to be closed.
--> Actually I just noticed that the Updater is now seperate of the OSTC Planner. So I'll have to re-test whether point 1 is still relevant.<--

Could you insert a routine that closes OSTC Planner after the download and at the begin of the intallation.

2. I noticed there is a D2XX Drivers FTDI driver for Android. Would this driver allow for the OSTC Planner to be ported to Android.
I agree, to have the OSTC Planner on a Tablet would be brilliant...
Cheers,

Hansjoerg

--> 2N ¦ 2201 / 3892

RTFM
TnT

Post by TnT »

JeanDo Wrote:
> Super! Your procedure enables me to reproduce the
> bug here. And to discover that COM ports over 9
> have the obvious name \\.\COM10 ... Don't ask :(

The explanation is that COM0-9 are treated like pseudo files. They don't really exist in the filesystem, but if you try to open them, the OS knows about these special names and does the right thing. It's a legacy MS-DOS thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Device_file#Device_files

For higher port numbers (or any non-standard names), this special mapping doesn't exist and trying to open them will fails (unless you actually have a file with that name I suppose). By prefixing with \\.\ you are accessing the device namespace directly without even going through the filesystem layer.
--
libdivecomputer developer
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/
TnT

Post by TnT »

swissdiving Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2. I noticed there is a D2XX Drivers FTDI driver
> for Android. Would this driver allow for the OSTC
> Planner to be ported to Android.
> I agree, to have the OSTC Planner on a Tablet
> would be brilliant...

I think you don't even need the D2XX driver at all. The linux kernel (which Android is based on) already contains a driver for the FTDI usb-serial chip in the OSTC. Most likely this driver isn't build by default for Android, but technically it should be possible to build it. You also need USB host support. In a nutshell USB host mode means the device is capable to act as a PC-like system accepting other USB devices, rather than acting as a USB device itself (which is what happens when you connect your android device to a PC). This is very low-level (below the java application development level).

From what I have read on the D2XX driver, is that it provides a more user friendly java interface. Downside is that you have to port the communication code to use the D2XX API, instead of the regular serial communication.

But that's all theory at this moment and I don't have any practical experience with all this.
--
libdivecomputer developer
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/
swissdiving

Post by swissdiving »

I have an Acer Iconia A500 and can attach all sorts of usb devices. I ll plug in the ostc to see what happens. Probably not much...
Cheers,

Hansjoerg

--> 2N ¦ 2201 / 3892

RTFM
Touchwood

Post by Touchwood »

The latest scubatinoo, v2.01

David
OSTC 2N #2791
Touchwood

Post by Touchwood »

scubatinoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @touchwood: which firmware is on your OSTC?

The latest scubatinoo, v2.01 I can send a screen grab if you like?
OSTC 2N #2791
scubatinoo

Post by scubatinoo »

@touchwood:
Matthias wrote me once:
"CF56 and CF57 have been changed to no decimal in 2.02beta, so the old default value is now out of the recommended range."

I couldn't check the combination OSTC-Planner and OSTC-Computer, but i guess that the OSTC-Planner is adopted to the latest firmware, which in december was 2.09beta

This would be for me the reason why the decimal point jumps from 20.0 to 200 and backwards...

but that's just a guess. maybe JeanDo can answer the details to his programm
regards,
scubatinoo

> OSTC 2N 3705 & OSTC 2 18807 <
JeanDo

Post by JeanDo »

@Torchwood
Scubatinoo is right, the unit for SAC have changed recently, and OSTC-Planner is assuming the new unit (in L/Min), requested by those wanting to enter values bigger than 25 L/min.
~~~~
Touchwood

Post by Touchwood »

@JeanDo

Thanks. Unless I'm missing something the trouble is that the planner is writing back, to the device, incorrect values for bottom and ascent gas consumption. The labels on the planner interface say (Bottom Gas (/min)) and if I assume this is requesting litres/min (since that is what the OSTC uses) and enter say, 25 for my consumption then it will be written back to the device as only 2.5 litres/min.

Best regards

David
OSTC 2N #2791
Touchwood

Post by Touchwood »

Cool! Looks like it's in the 2.20 release.

Haven't loaded it yet but it looks like HW have been working hard:-) Seems to be plenty in this release.
OSTC 2N #2791
JeanDo

OSTC Planner - German and French translations.

Post by JeanDo »

Thanks to kind contribitions from Laurent Bardassier, Pierre Vidalot, Hansjörg Stieger and Beat Keller, we now have German and French translations of OSTC Planner :-)

The new version 222 (in sync with firmware 2.20) is being pushed today.

Note: The Spanish translation is comming soon.
~~~~
Jean-François

Post by Jean-François »

Awesome work. Really looking forward to it.

On a side note, can I post some feedback about the UI ?

Super merci beaucoup. Je me réjouis d'essayer tout ça.

P.s: pourrais-je faire des remarques sur l'interface ?
OSTC Mk2N 2287
JeanDo

Post by JeanDo »

Yes you always can.

The main idea was to have all deco and dive parameters in one big window. Which is nice on a big screen.
But there is people out there running on small netbooks... so I am looking for the winner idea to a more compact interface.

Thanks,
~~~~
JeanDo

Re: OSTC Planner - new decompression software - Now for the Macintosh

Post by JeanDo »

Hello,

I just released the Mac version of OSTC Planner. After a short month and many feedbacks from a dozen of helpfull beta-testers, you can download a universal-binary version, suitable for all macintosh since Mac OS X 10.5 (old PowerPC G4) up to the latest ones under Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion with Intel processors).

Oups... Better to go to that thread.

Enjoy,
~~~~